Below you'll find a list of web resources and print industry resources that we think you'll find interesting.
We believe in links with like minded in printing businesses. If you feel you know of an interesting website that has synergy with printing industry, please suggest RSS Feeds from it using "Suggest your RSS feed" form.
Links from our site to third party websites:
The links in this area will let you leave the Print-Jobs.Com website. The linked sites are not under the control of Print-Jobs.Com and Print-Jobs.Com is not responsible for the contents of any site linked from our site or any link contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. Print-Jobs.Com is not responsible for any form of transmission received from any linked site. Print-Jobs.Com is providing these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Print-Jobs.Com of the site.
|Place informer on your site/blog.
|Canon BJL - [Reference] Add useful information here, since the link was unfortunately quite broken.
Tue, 05 Jun 2012 21:40:00 -0500
Page description language used with Canon Bubble Jet Printers. The language is a superset of the IBM ProPrinter language, which was the default emulation on the original monochrome BJ printers. The language was extended with the introduction of the Color Bubble Jet printers; in addition to color support, options for more paper types and sizes, better control over margins and more were added.
|Control and Communication
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 05:09:00 -0500
Printer/Job Control Languages and and Printer Managment Languages/Interfaces
* AFP - Advanced Function Printing Is used on IBM Mainframes for page printers.
* CPAP - Common Printer Access Protocol Developed by Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC).
* CPCA - Canon Common Peripheral Controling Architecture Developed by Canon.
* EJL - Epson Job Language Developed by Epson. Very similar to PJL.
* IPP 1.0 - Internet Printing Protocol 1.0 (RFC 2566, RFC 2565)
* IPP 1.1 - Internet Pr…
|OJT - Océ Job Ticket
Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:01:00 -0500
A job ticket specifies:
* the input(s)
* the output(s)
* how the output(s) should look like (e.g. the applied transformations)
* what job handling is required
* identification, accounting and logistic information
For example for a print job, the job ticket specifies the input (document) and
output (paper tray, output deposit,...). It also specifies the transformations
(scaling, binding offset,...). The job ticket further contains identification
information. Part of this informati…
|Brother P-Touch - [Tape characteristics]
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:55:00 -0600
The Brother P-Touch label printers use their own page description language, here called “Brother P-Touch”
This reference information is based on work from
* John Glenstrup's Brother P-Touch driver for CUPS
* Renaud Bompuis's Brother QL-500/QL-550 label printer site
|Page Description Languages - [Page Description Languages]
Fri, 03 Feb 2012 13:35:00 -0600
Printer Page Description and Markup Languages
* AFP - Advanced Function Printing
* AFPDS - IBM Advanced Function Presentation Data Stream
* ART - Xerox Advanced Rendering Tools
* HBP - Brother Host Based Printing
* Brother NCM (Brother Native Compression Mode)
* Brother P-Touch
* Canon BJL
* Canon UFR (Canon Ultra Fast Rendering)
* CAPT (Canon Advanced Printing Technology)
* CaPSL - Canon Printing System Language (See also LIPS)
* Code-V - QMS Magnum Code-V (QMS)
* CPCL Co…
|EPL1 - Eltron/Zebra Programming Language 1 - [EPL1 - Eltron Programming Language 1]
Fri, 03 Feb 2012 13:33:00 -0600
Line Mode Printing.
The programing language ELP1 is used to program Eltron (now Zebra) thermal printers.
|Code-V - QMS Magnum Code-V
Fri, 03 Feb 2012 13:30:00 -0600
Image and printer control language used to control impact/dot-matrix printers from QMS.
|ART - Xerox Advanced Rendering Tools - [ART - Advanced Rendering Tools]
Fri, 03 Feb 2012 13:30:00 -0600
Page Description language originally developed for the Laser Press printers.
Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd.
“ART IV Reference Manual”, No F33M